- Columbus , OH, USA
- Salary based on experience
- Full Time
Health/ Dental/ Vacation/ 401K
Basic purpose of position: Provide management oversight for multiple locations. Qualified applicants must have a management background operating and/or mechanical experience in handling bulk, gas, and liquid transfers with Hazardous commodities.
- Auditing / monitoring areas of responsibility to ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, FRA and DOT statutes, regulations and policies;
- Setting aggressive safety goals for locations that compliment the company's safety goals.
- Observing and/or work with associates to ensure compliance with company prescribed procedures, FRA, AAR, and industry accepted best practices;
- Mentor locations to enhance their understanding and compliance with all customer and company quality procedures to meet goals for delivering damage free product;
- Seek and document methods for continual improvement in the quality of the services being provided and the efficiency, in which those services are conducted, coordinate implementation with the General Manager;
- Manage preventative maintenance and inspection programs on equipment, including but not limited to, non-capitalized tool and equipment inventory.
- Establishing, in coordination with the General Manager, realistic annual site financial plans;
- Monitor and analyze site performance relative to financial and productivity goals, develop, implement and monitor corrective actions where appropriate;
Conditions of Employment: Employment is conditional, based on a medical examination which includes a drug screen, and an examination to verify candidates can safely perform the essential functions of the job. Road & Rail Services requires a post-offer motor vehicle reference check, and background check. Employment and military (if applicable) verification required.
Company Profile: Established in 1987, Road & Rail Services has grown and diversified to become a leading provider of rail related services in North America. Our network of skilled associates provides plant and terminal operating expertise as well as field maintenance of rail assets for railroads, rail shippers, and owners of rail related equipment and facilities.