- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Basic purpose of position: Perform the essential inspection and repair functions necessary to maintain company equipment, RoadRailer trailers, bogies and coupler mates in good mechanical operating condition. Associates designated as a "Power Mechanic" are required to maintain appropriate welding certification to make required repairs and are qualified to perform both train inspections and initial airbrake tests.
Experience Requirements: A minimum of 2 years experience in a position that required the frequent use of welding and oxygen/acetylene cutting skills; mechanical repair of rolling equipment; or completion of an accredited diesel mechanic trade school; or substantial demonstration of mechanical aptitude, as determined by the facility manager, to successfully perform the tasks associated with designated "power mechanic" classification.
Skills, Licenses, Certification, and/or Special Training:
- Must maintain a valid state driver's license if required to operate company equipment.
Work and Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to constantly work in an outdoor environment, exposed to all weather elements, including extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust and noisy conditions;
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule; including weekends and being on call
- Ability to frequently climb, using various types of ladders, to heights in excess of 16 feet;
- Ability to frequently bend at waist crouch for extended periods of time;
- Ability to frequently use bending, twisting, walking motions on uneven surfaces throughout the entire work shift;
- Must be able to work independently;
- Must be able to properly wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!